Old 25-05-2003, 03:32 AM

Default [IBC] Shimpaku Cascade

Well, given the go-ahead, I did the dastardly deed (cut off the trunk). The
result is, well....different. Plenty of zigzags, but it will take a couple of
years for the side shoots to become branches. I used the extra branch to make
it a two-track cascade. There is nothing really at present to make a jin out
of, although otherwise it looks as though it was run over by a truck falling
down the mountain. I tried to leave the core of the rootball intact. My last
Shimpaku died for no good reason, after it was carefully supervised in a workshop.
If this one doesn't croak, it will be a miracle. If it will live & be well, &
I ever get my act together, I will post it in the Gallery.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++