Old 01-03-2003, 12:17 AM
linda mar

Default effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?

Hi!

though far from an expert i can share my situation and see if there is
anything of relevance you (or someone else) can pull form it...

gee. everybody is so humble!!! :-) I guess that's why this group is so
nice...

[snip]
the 15 gal. is almost always hazy while the 20 has always been crystal
clear.

hmm...

i really dont know exactly what to infer from all this information, it

could
be the substrate, the natural lighting, the artificial lighting, a
combination of all three or something else totally different. sorry i cant
be of any more help to you or offer any recomendations. /

good to know that there's a high possibility that whatever I do won't change
anything :-P

and also you gave me another possibility...

the tank does get some natural lighting (no direct sun) because it's in a
pretty bright room.. i guess the indirect light is strong enough to bend
some of the lysmachia towards the windows (it's about 8ft away) while some
others are growing straight up... amazing how powerful sunlight is... May
be if all else fails, I'll leave the shade closed for a week or so and see
if that makes any difference...

linda