Old 25-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default heat stroke and heat exhaustion

LOL Glad to hear that, Jammer, because I, too, when reading that, found it
comical. Not only would I first have to REMIND my husband or 20-year old
son to come get me and take my temperature, but even if they DID remember,
I'd fight them tooth and nail and tell them to bug off, or at the very least
I would keep stalling them with "ok, just let me finish this ONE more thing
and then I'll be right in, I promise!"
I'm sure it's good advice, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. Think I'm
better off just spraying myself with the hose every 30 minutes. LOL
Sue

"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message
On Sat, 24 May 2003 17:03:08 GMT, wrote:

work early in AM and later in the day when it is cooler.
dont work in bright sunlight when temp is over 80.
work in the shade.
wear a hat. put a wet washcloth on your head under the hat or, wet your

hair.
put a wet washcloth around your neck to cool the blood going to the

brain.
yes, drink gatorade or propel while working.
have somebody responsible at home who will call you in and take your temp

every hour
or so. if your temp rises, into the shower immediately (not cold water,

cool water).
and then they need to make sure your temp is back down and you have

sucked down
enough gatorade. what you want them to understand is not let you fall

asleep if your
temp is up, and if it stays up after shower and drink, then off to the

emergency
ward. Ingrid

I dont know if it's the night i just had or the stress i've been under
or what, but i laughed so hard picturing my son calling me in every
hour to take my temp.