Old 25-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Bob

Default Clematis Montana losing flowers

(Katharine Mill) wrote in message . com...
(Bob) wrote in message . com...

This year's was the best display yet

Aha, maybe you can advise me. I planted a montana early this year and
have seen a grand total of three tiny leaves which disappeared within
a couple of weeks of my noticing them. It was two twigs until mid
April and is now two twigs again. It's against a shady wall in quite
heavy, silty acid soil. Elsewhere is better drained but I wanted it
there. Should I risk lifting and moving whatever's left underground,
should I write it off as a dud or shall I wait and see what next year
brings? There's no new growth at all.
TIA
Katharine

It sounds like it's had it. Go and buy a new one now - they are still
in flower and you will be able to choose a nice strong healthy looking
one.

I bought one last month and it's already got two shoots to the top of
the fence!

Bob