Old 25-05-2003, 10:44 AM
martin

Default gravel

On Sat, 24 May 2003 18:05:10 +0100, "Drakanthus"
wrote:

Our lawn always looked a mess - it was used as a dog toiler and full of bare
patches etc, so I dug it up two years ago and spread three ton of gravel on
the area without any membrane. It has worked very well. Since the gravel is
spread onto well compacted sub soil, very few weeds attempt to come up. The
constant trampling helps to keep them at bay.
The lawn turfs were stacked upside down for six months then the soil spread
onto the veg plot making this an extra thick layer of top soil - great for
veg.

I blame the dog crap :-)
--
martin