Old 01-03-2003, 03:44 AM
linda mar

Default effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?

hi,

The stuff under the plates is only likely to be a problem if you shut off
the UGF without cleaning it out and develop a anaerobic environment (no
oxygen) that leads to H2S and trouble.

i've heard of this sulfur/sulfide toxin.. does anyone know how long will it
be ok before things start going anaerobic? (I'm thinking about several hours
worth of power failure.. not shutting it off on purpose) or is this one of
those YMMV thing...?

DIY CO2 is really simple. I just installed one, granted I don't have a

good
control on the injection rate, that goes in tomorrow, but It is working
water is fine. I just have to use a air bubbler to keep the CO2 level

from
going overboard. I've had plants grow over and inch in two days.

good to know... :-) I guess it will be more of a logistics thing for me..

my apongeton boivi.... whatever grows very fast too. probably several inches
in a day (will be a good competition with amaryllis bulb..).. the
references say 20inches.. I swear mine is over 40 inches long... seems like
it's growing too fast it's tearing itself and leaving holes...

linda