Old 25-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Jim Webster

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"GeorgeDawson" wrote in message

When I was looking at certification bodies, I found the SA position to
be far too rigid. For instance, goats do not like getting wet (well,
mine do not). But the SA said that the goats had to be shut OUT all
throughout the grazing season, I also objected to the percentage levy
on
sales (as a farm based processor), and their policy on vaccination. I in
the end registered with the Organic Food Federation.

I must confess that the animal welfare thing is the main axe I have to grind
with the Soil Association, (SA is such an appropriate acronym). Refusal to
allow vaccines (other than for fmd which they enthusiastically advocated)
has struck me as just plain cruel. Disease does not give a stuff about the
arbitrary whims of a certifying body.

On food miles, the shorter the time between production and consumption,
the better the quality of food.

I cannot see how you can justify organic certification for something that
has been flown in. When you look at the environmental damage caused as
opposed to some of the things the certifying bodies get upset about in the
UK you do begin to wonder if they are for real

Jim Webster

George Dawson
Goat farmer