Old 25-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Jay Sinclair

Default [IBC] Tree Identification

From your description and the photos, it looks like it might be autumn olive, Elaeagnus umbellata. See Dirr, p. 304.

If that's what it is, collect it or kill it. It's an invasive weed, introduced in a misguided attempt to provide food and cover for game birds.

Jay

Sean Nemecek wrote:

Can anyone identify this tree/shrub? I have been through Dirr twice and I can't find anything like it. In the fall it has green-gray berries.

--
Jay Sinclair, Zone 5, MI USA

Peace, n. In international affairs, a period of cheating between two periods of fighting.

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++