Old 25-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Lee Hall

Default Why plant tomatoes 6-8 weeks in advance?

Steve Calvin wrote in message ...
DigitalVinyl wrote:

Shoots. Guess it is next year for me. sob

go to any decent sized nursery and buy some transplants.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Yup. I can't grow from seeds anymore. Our cat eats 'em for "roughage"
I think. ;-) I always do transplants now and have good tomatos right
outside.

I guess I will find out soon enough. Normally, I start all of my
seedlings inside and have them all in the ground by April 20 or so.
This year I wanted to try just a couple more varieties as an
afterthought so I germinated them outdoors in my big planter that
contains young carrot plants. They seem to be doing fine so far.
Will report back on how they produce. They were transplanted into the
garden on May 12. It is interesting to have plants all the way from
seedlings to over 3 feet tall but if the seedlings do produce, my crop
should be steady at least through September.

Lee Hall
Zone 6B