Old 25-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Why plant tomatoes 6-8 weeks in advance?

On Sun, 25 May 2003 00:57:46 GMT, Steve Calvin
wrote:

DigitalVinyl wrote:

Shoots. Guess it is next year for me. sob

go to any decent sized nursery and buy some transplants.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Yup. I can't grow from seeds anymore. Our cat eats 'em for "roughage"
I think. ;-) I always do transplants now and have good tomatos right
outside.

Our cat has not bothered the seedlings.

We had to put a piece of wooden lattice-work across the bay
window though: we have a wide bay window - the kind that
sticks out from the house and has one big window, plus two
smaller ones at an angle to it.

There's a window ledge that's about two feet wide. I never
could have plants there (cat and dogs), but now we've
blocked their access with a piece of wooden lattice-work.

Our cat is a large and heavy cat and a total non-climber,
this probably wouldn't work for cats who climb.

Pat