Old 25-05-2003, 04:20 PM
homer

Default Help with tomato frost damage

I live in the Pacific NW (near Portland) and after hardening my tomatoes
off, planted them outside recently. About a week and a half ago, my area
suffered some very cold weather (frost was on my car windshield). Most, but
not all, of the tomatoes were hit pretty hard, with a lot of dead leaves and
branches.

What should I do at this point? Should I just leave them and see what
happens? Should I prune off the dead leaves and branches? Is it hopeless
(i.e. are frost damaged plants so handicapped that I should start over with
nursery starts)?

Thanks in advance.