Old 25-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Jim Webster

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

"Oz" wrote in message

I do not think UK organic growers cheat either.

However there are now some very large commercial organic growers with
associated conventional farms alongside. I have two next to me for
example. One day, if margins get tight and 50ac of highly valuable
produce is destined for ploughing under at a huge loss, I would be less
than certain.

good of you to help control their pest problems then isn't it :-)

I perhaps didn't quite say it right.

"However there are now some very large commercial organic growers with
their conventional farm in the same ownership alongside."

They don't need me to do it, they have their own sprayman, sprayer and
store.

just being down wind would be cheaper

also having weeds properly controlled by your neighbours always eases the
burden on your own land

Jim Webster

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.