Old 25-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Suggestions for big herbaceous plants from seed

In article , Gareth Jones
writes
As I've got rather a large area to cover and the overall scale is a bit
on the 'big' side, I'm going to be ordering some seeds this weekend to
initially fill these areas, so I'm looking for perennials that look good
massed and are 'big and clumpy' like geraniums or large and statuesque
like a gunnera (I do have a passion for large leaves!)
They need to be fairly fast growing and preferably not that picky on
germination (so that rules out the gunnera - I have just given up on
trying these!)

Anyone care to suggest any?

herbaceous Lavateras (i.e. Lavatera thuringiaca); they're not as easy to
germinate as the usual hardy annuals, but they're not too bad.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvaceae/Malvaceae.html