Old 25-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Jon Rouse

Default Bees

In article , pj
writes
Hi Jon,
way to go!!!!! I am about to take delivery of a hive and expect my
first bees very soon. Any hints or tips would be much appreciated - i'm in
danger of annoying the 2 people i know who have bees wwith my incessant
questioning!

They've been up and about all day to day - they are really enjoying the
sunshine. I opened them up yesterday (while it was sunny - just before
the hailstorm) and checked the syrup - they'd taken down about half of
it - and put in the Bayvarol. They were all clustered around the end two
or three frames on the south side of the hive, so I only put in one
strip of Bayvarol.

Now we just wait for the queen to go on her mating flight.

John
--
E-mail bouncing? Make sure your mailer is set to 'plain text' and not 'html'.