Old 25-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Gail Futoran

Default I've never been so cut up in my entire life.

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
What a chore it was today. I had to really prune out my

color magic since
it had a lot more than 1 sucker growing up, it was all

intertwined into the
colormagic bush, and the rose in the middle of my littler

rose garden turned
out to be a sucker that grew off of the original that I

planted that never
grew, and then up came all this new growth last year,

turned out it was pure
suckers coming out.

Man, I am cut from shoulders to wrists, I think I'll have

to keep up on it
better next year or maybe start wearing body armor. But

on a positive note
I did prune all the lower branches of every rose in the

garden today (about
60+ roses) since I didnt do anything to them last year at

all, and they had
all kinds of undergrowth prohibiting air circulation on

the canes.
[snip]

Might be worth investing in a longer handled
pruner of some sort so you don't have to reach
inside the bush. Fiskar makes a couple I
find useful, as well as other companies.

I still manage to get cut with thorns but not as
much as when I was using only the short
pruner.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8