Old 26-05-2003, 02:20 AM
seepnezorf1

Default growing raspberries

I have some second year Killarney raspberries and new suckers started coming
up. They are located in partial shade and I have been lightly breaking up
the soil and then watering them once a week when the soil is dry. However
I noticed that some of the tops of the new suckers were all wilted so I
removed the leaves. Upon removing the leaves I noticed that the inside of
the removed portion was black. Is it possible I just rotted them...or could
this be start of verticillium wilt? I should also add that the longer of
the canes are laying on the ground although they seem to be healthy.

I plan on moving them in the fall as I don't think the partial shade is the
best location. Any feedback on the type of soil they're most happy in would
be appreciated.