Old 26-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Hussein M.

Default Sweet Woodruff

On 25 May 2003 09:30:09 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Hussein M. wrote:

I see it has another Common Name - "Bedstraw".

Not quite. It is one of the bedstraw family, but it is not normally
called a bedstraw.

Right! Galium verum is Lady's bedstraw and numerous other Galiums are this that or the
other bedstraw, but I see only the odoratum is Sweet Woodruff. I got some Lady's bedstraw
from the local organic grocers - amongst the usual herbs a little pot organically grown.
It will be interesting to compare the two though the Lady's bedstraw will, under a palm,
get rather more sun.

Do you know if it "comes back" vigourously after a medium haircut?

If it is established, and given suitable weather (i.e. wet and warm),
yes. It will not regrow in dry weather, and will wait for rain.

Well, I suppose it must be harvestable in order to strew around or stuff mattresses.
They say a bag of hops under the pillow aids sleep. Oh dear, that family again.

Respect

Huss

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.