Old 26-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Urgent Turtle trouble in Paradise

Hi, Joe:
Unfortunately I don't have any first-hand experience with having two turtles
living together, but I'm about to. I'm just about done building my turtle
pond and plan to go pick up three Eastern Painteds from a breeder in the
next week or so. While doing my research and asking "turtle people"
questions, I've been told to make sure I get all three about the same age -
otherwise there will be fighting. It seems the big ones pick on the little
ones. I don't know if your two will work things out or if this is a
dangerous situation for the smaller one. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Sue

"joe" wrote in message
Help Please.

We've had a red-eared slider in our pond for several months now. (S)he's
about 8-10" long. Yesterday we bought a second RES, about 5" long and
introduced him into the pond.

Today, for the first time we saw them together and the bigger one seemed

be attacking the other. We don't know if this is normal - the big one's

just
saying who's boss, or if he's trying to kill the small one. It looks like

pretty serious attack.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Joe