Old 26-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default iddy biddy fern lookin' thing

On Sun, 25 May 2003 18:47:21 -0700, "Valkyrie"
wrote:

As I was working out on my balcony today I thought of the perfect plant to
put in the pot with my witch hazel. I just can't remember what it's called.
I had it growing in Seattle between the broken concrete pavers of my patio.
It looks like a tiny delicate Boston fern (sort of), spreads by runners,
stays very small and flat, it's a great ground cover, very hardy and tough
as nails. Anybody know what it's called so I can go find some. The first
time I saw this was in the Japanese garden in Portland, I got the name from
the gardener there. Now I can not for the life of me remember what it was.
Getting old is hell :-(

Val

Val getting old is inconvenient but it damn sure beats the
alternative! I'm not quite ready for the compost heap yet.

Wish I could help with the plant I.D. but it doesn't ring a bell here.

Dave
Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan