Old 26-05-2003, 06:32 AM
GD

Default Urgent Turtle trouble in Paradise

Gender of the larger turtle may be an issue. Do the claws on its
front legs appear unusually long? If so, it is likely a male, and may
simply be courting the new turtle. They can be a little rough at
times. Or, you may have two males: they are sometimes territorial.

joe wrote:

Help Please.

We've had a red-eared slider in our pond for several months now. (S)he's
about 8-10" long. Yesterday we bought a second RES, about 5" long and
introduced him into the pond.

Today, for the first time we saw them together and the bigger one seemed to
be attacking the other. We don't know if this is normal - the big one's just
saying who's boss, or if he's trying to kill the small one. It looks like a
pretty serious attack.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Joe