Old 26-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Thalocean2

Default scotch broom--to plant or not to plant?

It depends where you live and their description of noxious weed. I've read
that some commercial varieties of scotch broom are ok, in some places, while
the wild versions are not.

Laura B.

About a year ago, we picked up a scotch broom cheap at Target because
it's so pretty and smelled nice. The tag said it liked it moist so I
thought it would be ideal for the spot in the garden that gets pretty
wet during the winter.

While doing research on other plants, I discovered that Scotch broom
infestation is a major problem in certain parts of Northern
California, Oregon, British Columbia and even Australia.

So the question is, is it REALLY an invasive plant and is it SO bad
environmentally that I should yank it out?

Thanks in advance!

Lil