Old 26-05-2003, 07:32 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default At last!

Parsnip are renowned for the time they take to germinate and anything up to
6 weeks is not unusual. They are also not the most reliable seeds I find, so
you may consider sowing another row just in case, if you have the room.
Beetrot don't normally take too long, a fortnight or so but the weather
hasn't been that special and they may be slower than usual

Alan Holmes wrote:
: A month ago I planted some parsnip and carrot, and until today
: nothing had shown itself, but, joy of joys, today a few carrots were
: showing.
:
: Later I planted some lettuce and beetroot.
:
: I was begining to think they would never grow.
:
: Still waiting for the parsnip, lettuce and beetroot!
:
: Alan

Robert