Old 26-05-2003, 08:44 AM
JimS.

Default Help Please!

Carrie...you've come to the right place, this is the helpin'est bunch of
rose fanatics you could hope for.

I'll just answer one of your questions-- where can you make a webpage? The
first place to check would be your internet provider. You probably have
access to free storage. I looked up www.zianet.com and it says you have
access of up to 30 megabytes of free storage. So start with that and see
if they have some webpage programs to help you build one. If that turns out
to be too hard, you can make an email page of your own on www.geocities.com
for example, and they do have tools to help you build a webpage.

One other thing-- you should insert some fake-out characters in your email
address that displays in your newsgroup replies, or you're going to start
getting a bunch of junk mail from automated mailers. Edit your newgroup
account properties. (for example, in Outlook Express, go to
Tools/Accounts/News/Properties and insert a few characters).

Good luck, you'll be addicted in no time. :Þ

JimS.
Seattle

"Klaurens" wrote in message
Thank you so much for the reply! I do have some questions, however.
Where might I be able to download digital pictures with a link that others
can visit? I do not have a web page, or know how to go about that sort of
thing.
If I get some potting soil, compost and manure, how do I go about adding
that? Do I dig a trench around the plants and fill in the trench with the
new "ingrediants"? Or just pile it up arouund the plant?
How can you tell if your soil is soggy? We have mostly sand here, and

when
you water, it seems to just disappear under the surface.
The black bud has gone missing. Like it's been carried off by something.

searched the ground around the plant for it, but didn't find it. Would

ants
do any of this damage to the roses? We have a huge number of ants now. I
counted five different kinds today. We've been laying diatenacious(sp?)
earth down on the hills we see, but it doesn't seem to be that

discouraging
to them. They just make a new entrance hole and go about their merry way.
We haven't put out poison, because we have a very curious 3 year old who

is
fascinated by the ants.
And lastly, could you recomend some online rose places and names of
nutrients to look for specifically.
You've been immensely helpful, and I do very much appreciate it. You've
been very kind.
Carrie

--
http://www.themomteam.com/cgi-bin/mo...75&action=show