Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Elizabeth

Default iddy biddy fern lookin' thing

Selaginella? One of my favorites in S. uncinata, Peacock Moss or Rainbow
Fern. Several species, difficult to find, but most are small, spreading
jobs, ferny or mossy in appearance.

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

"Valkyrie" wrote in message
As I was working out on my balcony today I thought of the perfect plant to
put in the pot with my witch hazel. I just can't remember what it's

called.
I had it growing in Seattle between the broken concrete pavers of my

patio.
It looks like a tiny delicate Boston fern (sort of), spreads by runners,
stays very small and flat, it's a great ground cover, very hardy and tough
as nails. Anybody know what it's called so I can go find some. The first
time I saw this was in the Japanese garden in Portland, I got the name

from
the gardener there. Now I can not for the life of me remember what it was.
Getting old is hell :-(

Val