Old 26-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Rescuing a Plumeria

In article ,
Steve wrote:

I have a plumeria plant I have been trying to grow for years now from
a small piece purchased in Hawaii. I live in Arizona. The small piece
grew very slowly year by year and would sprout a few leaves but not
much more. The past month or so it's begun to get soft at the base,
and it seems about ready to fall over. The top is still green and
firm, but without leaves. I feel that it will die soon if I don't
rescue it. I would like to cut the top off and try to replant it but I
am not sure how to do it. I was thinking the right way would be to
propogate it somehow using a plastic sheet around the stem with some
wet soil inside? Or peat? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Well, in the UK, frangipani can be grown only in a conservatory and,
partly because of its normal size, rarely is. Try posting to
rec.gardens.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.