Old 26-05-2003, 12:32 PM
mick

Default A funny thing happened to my Rhododendron

I have a mature rhododendron ( sp?) inherited with the house I live in. It
must be at least 12 years old. Every year it has bloomed with giant pink
( a candy pink) flowers in May.
This year I have had three blooms and a load of what I can only describe as
immature flower like stems . They are green, take the shape of a full bloom
but do not unfurl into pink flowers.

The buds developed normally. It was only as they opened these green things
appeared.
Its not bud blast ( at least I dont think it is. Ive never seen anything
like it before)

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong.