Old 26-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Pickmaster

Default Koi and Waterlillies Update

Rented a trash pump (10,000 gallons @ hour) over the long weekend and it
took about 12-14 hours to pump my pond out. Out of 8 Koi I had put in as
babies a year ago, 7 had made it--I was surprised because I had never seen
more than 5 at a time, and never got a clear look at them. Another little
Koi that I took from my aquarium and put in the pond about a month ago had
gained 50% in size in that month in the big pond after no growth in the
tank.
Hundreds of little mud cats and some large cats were there, but as we
slopped around in the mud getting the fish out, we kept stepping on what
felt like a rock in the mud--my brother reached in and it was a foot long
snapper turtle! K30A had warned of this and thought one might be the lily
culprit---
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...geid=82441&ck=