Old 26-05-2003, 01:32 PM
GrampysGurl

Default scotch broom--to plant or not to plant?

About a year ago, we picked up a scotch broom cheap at Target because
it's so pretty and smelled nice. The tag said it liked it moist so I
thought it would be ideal for the spot in the garden that gets pretty
wet during the winter.

Mine died because it was too moist through the winter, I never replaced it...
They are in front of the library in a raised be and are doing wonderfully, I
thought they liked it dry and sunny myself.

http://coosswcd.oacd.org/scotch.htm

This website has some suggestions on control, and the plant is drought
tolerant.

Colleen zone 5 Connecticut