Old 26-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default question on west nile

Lauralai wrote:
hi
I work in a pet store and people are coming in and buying feeder goldfish
for there ponds thinking that they will help with mosiqtoe larvae. I don't
know if they would help all that much but was wondering if anyone here could
tell me if they would help or not. I mean the fish wouldn't really move the
surface water much. if they don't help I would like to be able to have an
explanation as to why. tons of people are coming in and wanting tons of
fish for there ponds when they don't know what they are getting into. I
mean some wanted 50 for a fairly small pond, these people have not even put
water conditioner in the water and some don't buy food for them. I am not
allowed to say no to selling fish to them unfortunately but right now I'm
suggesting getting a few to start the pond off, like 3 -6.
thanks

The reason people are buying the goldfish is not so they
move the water's surface. The goldfish eat the mosquito
larvae.
--
Bonnie
NJ