Old 26-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Julia Green

Default Closest perennial to impatens (Zone 7)

"Rich Heimlich" wrote in message

The shade issue is okay as most of the beds are exposed with a few getting

light
tree shade but the second part is the tough part. They don't like really

hot
weather? Sounds like they need to grow in San Diego. grin It does get to

be
100 here, not often but it does and we do have droughts though I do have a
sprinkler system so they would be watered enough.

It might be worth getting a few plants and seeing how they do before going
out and getting (or starting from seed) a whole boatload of them. Having
some shade will help with the heat some, but you'll probably just have to
try some.