Old 26-05-2003, 03:09 PM
John Rutz

Default New use for String Algae!

GrampysGurl wrote:
I had huge quantities of the stuff a while back, and was throwing it on the
ground--its amazing how after it dries, there's nothing left to it in the
way of weight; it gets as thin as a sheet of paper. I even joked to my wife
the chinese could have used it as paper instead of whatever they invented.
But mine got so white, it was kind of unsightly--too bad you can't stew it
down and make a dish out of it!

"Judy Konopka" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

My pond is in full sun, so I've been getting a nice bloom of String Algae.
I've discovered if I skim it up and put it on the rocks surround the
waterfall, I get a faux look of mossy rocks! It also makes the pond look
more like a natural setting.

Makes a good fertilizer for plants.

--
one of us a couple years ago figured a way to make paper out out of it,
anyone remember the method??

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com