Old 26-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Ali

Default containing aphids and beetles without pesticides

If memory serves me, a lot of bugs don't like marigolds. My mother used to
plant marigolds around the base of our climbing red rose, and a few others.
Or you could go to your local nursery and buy a container of ladybugs. We
did that a couple years in a row and it's helped quite a bit. (we've also
used neem oil and soapy water too, but that does kill bugs, even though it
is organic)

Ali

wrote in message
can anyone suggest how to contain aphids and beetles without resorting
to using pesticides.

i don't want to massacre the bugs just move them on.

can you suggest companion plants that will attract natural predators
or that the bugs would prefer to my roses.

many thanks