Old 26-05-2003, 05:08 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default containing aphids and beetles without pesticides

Im going to suggest LadyBugs, I got to the nursery too late this year, but
one of my neighbors apparently didnt, I was having the usual terrible aphid
problem early on in the year, like last month. My climber was absolutely
covered in aphids, and the climber being a cover for my french doors I
needed to do something. In any event I believe my neighbor went and got
some lady bugs and when they finished with their yard, they came a calling
to my yard.

No more aphids at all in my yard (or house). But this wont move the aphids
out, it does kill them by having the lady bugs eat them, but it's a natural
process with no chemicals, the only down side to this is if you or someone
in your house hates all bugs including lady bugs, lady bugs dont bother me
wherease aphids look disgusting to me.

wrote in message
: can anyone suggest how to contain aphids and beetles without resorting
: to using pesticides.
:
: i don't want to massacre the bugs just move them on.
:
: can you suggest companion plants that will attract natural predators
: or that the bugs would prefer to my roses.
:
: many thanks