Old 26-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Pat Meadows

Default trapped skunk

On Mon, 26 May 2003 12:10:48 +0000 (UTC),
(Hillary Israeli) wrote:

OK, well, I had some havahart traps in the yard to catch and relocate some
chipmunks, but I've ended up with a skunk in one. Any thoughts on how to
safely relocate a skunk without getting, well, skunked? I'm imagining
perhaps some kind of heavy tarp thrown onto the trap, wrap the sucker up,
put it into a giant rubbermaid container, then put it in the car and drive
it somewhere, then somehow try to release it without getting sprayed....

It's memorial day of course so I can't reach our local wildlife rehab
people or anyone else really. The cops were not helpful at all

I've no tips in particular, but I don't understand why you'd
want to relocate chipmunks. Maybe you have a cat who is
catching them?

I can understand not wanting a skunk around if you have dogs
who are apt to be sprayed.

Do skunks eat things in gardens? I've never had any trouble
with them, in spite of living in skunk-territory many years.

Pat