Old 26-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Penny Morgan

Default trapped skunk

Your idea of throwing a tarp or blanket over the cage will definitely help
in deterring the skunk from spraying. I wouldn't bother with a barrel
though. Drive somewhere where it is woodland and keep the tarp on. Move
him facing the woods and unlatch the door quickly and run to the back of the
cage. He should be just as scared as you are and want to run away.

Let us know how you made out after.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
OK, well, I had some havahart traps in the yard to catch and relocate some
chipmunks, but I've ended up with a skunk in one. Any thoughts on how to
safely relocate a skunk without getting, well, skunked? I'm imagining
perhaps some kind of heavy tarp thrown onto the trap, wrap the sucker up,
put it into a giant rubbermaid container, then put it in the car and drive
it somewhere, then somehow try to release it without getting sprayed....

It's memorial day of course so I can't reach our local wildlife rehab
people or anyone else really. The cops were not helpful at all

Thanks for any tips!

-h.