Old 26-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Alan Gould

Default Organic Slug Control

In article , Lawrence Tierney
writes
Hi there,

Looking for ideas for organic slug control - my Ligularia is on it's last
legs. So far here's what I've thought of:

1. Beer trap (can you use lager?)
2. Crushed eggshells around endangered plant.
3. Pinning down a sheet of plastic sacking (i.e. bits of a J. Innes bag)
near affected plant in order that the wee blighters will think it's a cool
damp slug hotel - ready to be removed at my leisure.

So any other ideas, comments, recommendations?

Layer lengths of fresh cut brambles round any plants which are being
attacked. Encourage slug predators to your garden - wild birds,
hedgehogs, frogs, toads etc. We do no more than that. We still have a
little slug damage but it is not enough to lose any sleep over.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.