Old 26-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Scott Ranger

Default Please help-- what plant is this?

This is "hearts-a-bustin" or "hearts-a-burstin-with-love" or "strawberry
bush", Euonymus americanus. It's a common lanky shrub in the eastern,
especially southeastern US. If you know burning bush from the horticultural
trade, it's also a Euonymus. It is in the Celastraceae, staff tree family.
Nice photos!
Scott Ranger

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
Found this plant growing on the edge of my yard last year. I had seen it

growing in the woods in
the past, and had been told it was a "tiger's paw" or a "cat paw" plant

(can't remember which).
Now, though, I'm looking for info on the plant (care for an propagation

of) but so far all
name/description variation google searches are coming up blank. This is

in the southeastern US, and
the plant has unusual spiny reddish flower parts and bright orange seeds.

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wp01.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wp02.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wp03.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wp04.jpg