Old 26-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Geoff P

Default Plant at Beth Chatto's. ID please

You don't mean Cerinthe purpurescens do you? I agree that Beth Chatto's
gardens are completely fantastic. She demonstrates which plants that grow
in the conditions where they will thrive. I try to go at least once a year.

Steph Power

"Sacha" wrote in message
We visited Beth Chatto's garden last Tuesday and in the gravel garden

there
was a plant we didn't recognise. It was about 9" to 12" high, growing in

fair-sized clump and had perfoliate leaves which looked remarkably like
young Eucalyptus leaves. The flowers were in what I suppose would be

called
racemes (long and narrowing, anyway) and were purplish.
For anyone who hasn't been to this garden - GO! It's one of the most
interesting and most satisfying I've been to. The plant sales area is
extensive, though it is pricey. But we bought quite a few things we

either
didn't have or have lost and had a really lovely morning.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)