Old 26-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Sweet Woodruff

On Wed, 21 May 2003 07:30:33 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Why? I doubt that it would harm the grass significantly if mown
regularly - it would be just another lawn plant like scarlet
pimpernel. I can see that it might smother weak grass (e.g. in shade)
if not mown short, but it would probably make a better lawn in such
conditions than grass!

You are right Nick, my so called 'lawn' is probably improved by the
addition of swet woodruff! To be honest, I'm not actually planning to dig
it out of the lawn - way too much hassle! I shall see how it with stands
mowing. What I have done is clear a 1" strip between the lawn and flower
beds containing the woodruff - to re-establish the demarcation points.

Sarah