Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Barbara

Default Using Kitty Litter in the Garden

Joe wrote:
Hmmmm. A cat lover is easily identified, non?

I have proferred what I think is an excellent solution (see post
below)
to the issue of wandering neighbourhood cats.

snip

Some dogs bite people does that mean all dogs do? Should we get rid of all
dogs?
You are generalising. Not all cat owners are irresponsible, the same as not
all dog owners are.
I object to one of my neighbours who walks his dog in our street every day &
letting his dog do his business in my front yard, doesn't mean I wish harm
on all dogs. Another neighbour's dog jumped our back fence & killed my much
loved elderly cat, doesn't mean I wish harm on all dogs.
I had a problem with Scrub Turkeys digging up my yard on a nightly basis,
not just a little dig here & there, but totally digging out every plant in
my yard, this has been ongoing for years, did I kill the Turkeys? No, I kept
persisting with finding a method to rid myself of the damn things.
I have cats & dogs, also a yard with quite a lot of wildlife, so many
lizards etc, that I have no snail problems (as per another post by you), the
blue tongue lizards take care of that problem for me. It is possible to have
cats & local fauna.
Contrary to what has been said here, most cat owners will curtail their
cat's activities if approached in a reasonable manner. Of course there are
irresponsible cat owners, just as there are irresponsible dog owners, so
what is new in the world?
BTW as responsible parent, when my children were small, I always covered
their sandpit when they weren't using it. It looked tidier & kept it safe
from unwanted visitors. Took all of a minute of my day to do so.