Old 26-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default What Fruit To Grow?

On Mon, 26 May 2003 09:44:59 +0100, steve Snider wrote:

Good morning from sunny Berkshire.

We're thinking about growing some additional fruit...Strawberries...
Raspberries...Cherry...Apples...Peaches...

If anyone feels I've missed any fruit types out then any
recommendations would be gratefully received.

Quinces. Medlars. Azaroles. Kiwi fruit. Saskatoon berries.
Blueberries.

My personal philosophy of growing food is that you shouldn't
waste time, effort, and space on items that you can buy from the
local grocery at reasonable terms. For example, there is an
abundant supply of good apples year round these days that make
the home grown apple something of a redundancy unless you go in
for cultivars not grown commercially.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada