Old 27-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Default How do I remove and replace the lawnmower blade?

In article , miller.john@charter-
ihatespam-.net says...
Again, my bad. I forgot to add "at 1 ft." My physics degree kinda went out
of the window when I joined management. :-)

That degree is still out there. ;-)

A 180 lb man standing on the bar 6 inches from the nut would produce 90
lb. ft. of torque.

Rick

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
gy.com...

"John" wrote in message
Who's going to sit there and figure out that a 180 lb man standing (?)

on
the end of a 24" breaker bar will deliver 90 ft/lbs of torque? What if

you
needed only 75 ft/lbs?

Evidently you don't know math very well. There are books on the subject

and
they give many formulas to work with. You will get that 90# much closer
than you state.
Ed

Or arithmatic. A 180lb man standing on 24" bar will produce 360 ftlbs of
torque.