Old 27-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Sheepkeeper

Default I've never been so cut up in my entire life.

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
What a chore it was today. I had to really prune out my color magic since
it had a lot more than 1 sucker growing up, it was all intertwined into

the
colormagic bush, and the rose in the middle of my littler rose garden

turned
out to be a sucker that grew off of the original that I planted that never
grew, and then up came all this new growth last year, turned out it was

pure
suckers coming out.

Man, I am cut from shoulders to wrists, I think I'll have to keep up on it
better next year or maybe start wearing body armor. But on a positive

note
I did prune all the lower branches of every rose in the garden today

(about
60+ roses) since I didnt do anything to them last year at all, and they

had
all kinds of undergrowth prohibiting air circulation on the canes.

Better late than never I guess, they are all so well established that I
think they will survive since I only pruned way down low to get growth up
off the ground.

Some times thorns are a good thing. On advice from this group, we planted 6
Seafoam bushes 6-8ft apart along a section of wooden fence subject to
trespassers.