Old 27-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Shiva

Default containing aphids and beetles without pesticides

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:47:04 GMT, wrote:

can anyone suggest how to contain aphids and beetles without resorting
to using pesticides.

Do you have a moral problem with other bugs eating them? I sat down in
a friend's library today and read about all the insects that eat
aphids. There are lots and lots.

Want to move them on without hurting them? Hose your roses down with
a fine hard spray of water once a day, then run around screaming and
shaking your rose bushes--each one, really hard.

Medieval books suggest using a bellows and blowing lots of smoke on
them.

If you're lucky, you will annoy them, they will move on, and your
neighbors will hate you since they will then be in their yards. I did
this with voles. Trust me.