Old 27-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Ricky Nickolson

Default What's chowing down on my hop plants?

I dunno if it's available where you live, but down here in the south we have
something called "Sevins dust" (not sure if I spelled it correctly or not)
that we routinely use on food crops, so I would think that it might not hurt
you to try it on the hops. I prefer to find out the name of the bug and then
try to encourage whatever natural predators eat the pests, but in a pinch do
whatever works. Could it be slugs? I haven't grown hops yet, so I don't
have a clue what might eat them though..

Good luck!

Ricky

"Herb G." wrote in message
You have Japanese beatles. The only method I know to get rid of them is to
spray your hops with Malathion or Thiodan. Either one is very effective at
ridding your plants of these critters. Follow the label directions
carefully.
Herb G.

--

"The 'Ole Spotted Dog Brewery"