Old 27-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Mason121

Default Sycamore trees in midwest?

Hi Dan,
I live in mid-Mich. and I've had my Sycamore for 7yrs. It's only about 7'
tall but I've never had a problem with it like you've described. A couple of
years ago we had a late frost and it caused a similar problem, but it
recovered
fine.

Hi Sue, Maybe this is a problem that is local then? My tree was here when I
bought the house in 1982 and is almost full grown. I don`t know how big they
get but mine is quite big. I also noticed that there are alot of other
sycamore trees in my town and they are all in the same condition as mine. I
never saw this problem before since I moved in till the last 3 years. From
what I have read here on the internet this problem won`t kill the
tree.....hopefully not?
Dan.