Old 27-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Glenna Rose

Default trapped skunk

writes:
Now, as to the skunk - I did originally plan to relocate it
simply because I'd caught it, and because we previously had a problem
with
a skunk making a den beneath our front stoop. However, I did come to my
senses and decide that the skunk was probably the only thing keeping our
vole population from totally destroying all the shrubs (instead of only
partially destroying them like they have been) and was probably also
eating some of those pesky grubs, so, you know, whatever.

I'm so glad everything went well for you and was pleased to hear you
decided to keep it around rather than move it. They do so many good
things (to help balance their bad habit of spraying). I'm certain you
have many fewer mice with it there. I do so wish we had more skunks (or
any!) and fewer (or none!) possums.

I sincerely hope the little critter does lots of good things for you and
you, nor your dogs, ever get in its odor path.

Glenna