Old 27-05-2003, 07:20 AM
mick

Default A funny thing happened to my Rhododendron

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message

"mick" wrote in message
I have a mature rhododendron ( sp?) inherited with the house I live in.
This year I have had three blooms and a load of what I can only describe

as
immature flower like stems . They are green, take the shape of a full

bloom
but do not unfurl into pink flowers.

Hi,
They will develop into flowers next year. You can speed up the process
by breaking off the seed head once the flowers have finished, they should
flower again the year after that. The seed heads are sticky when you try

and
break them off - just at the base of the flower.

Thankyou.
Chris S