Old 27-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Tim B

Default Tiller Opinions?

That's because you don't have one. Our Troy-bilt gets used really often in
our clay soil. I plant wide enough to get through the rows in July (20"),
and run it shallow to cultivate. Saves a lot of time. We put down tomatoes
etc in a grid so I can go down the rows and then across. Plus use it when
sidedressing active growth. Plus we put down composted material to work
into the top little bit of the soil. Plus completely till again in the
fall, I can plant a cover crop and still get in there in the spring several
weeks earlier. We feed our large family all year long from the garden and
it would take a long time without a tiller.

"

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
.net...
There aren't many reasons for most gardeners to own a tiller, as opposed

hiring someone to till on the rare occasions you really need that kind

of
work done. Why do you want one?