Old 27-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Phisherman

Default Weed Killer and Composting

On 26 May 2003 22:42:06 -0700, (N_A_J) wrote:

snip

The lawn in question is not my lawn, it's my brother's. The lawn is
relatively new (2 years) from seed. He didn't take care of it very
well, hence the weed problems. With the recent arrival of a baby, he
has even less time than before to take care of a lawn. It was
overgrown until I cut it last week. I applied the weed killer to see
what I would end up working with. I'm going to dethatch tomorrow, cut
the grass again, and fertilize. I'm bagging clippings until I can get
the lawn somewhat back into shape. I would prefer to mulch, but there
is just too much overgrowth to get through right now. I don't think
the lawn is "breathing" very well as it is now.

Why take care of your brother's lawn? It is evident he does not care
about mowing his lawn, so a weedy lawn is even less to be concerned to
him. Maybe you should buy him a mulching lawn mower to celebrate his
fatherhood. Some time ago I lived with my brother who expected me to
wash all his clothes and cook all the meals (he never turned on a
washing machine and ate frozen prepared dinners)--he's married now and
I pity the bride.